Monday, November 19, 2012

Give it a try!





One fine day
When the thick storm came and washed it all away
You lied there clueless as to what to make of life

The day when I for the first time saw you cry
And I begged you to live, I begged you to try

You shrugged and dismissed all I had to say
You crumbled more, in disbelief and went deeper in your pain
That winter morning, when I drove along ruminating
Of your fight with life, so contrite
I no more had words to give, to a man who had lost his wife

And then came a gush of rain
Drenching the roads and making it tough to drive
We stopped at an empty road
In wilderness, with not a soul by our side
I again wanted to pep you up, forgetting that you were hardly alive
And then you spoke those words with tear filled eyes
“Why me”, “Why”?


You cried like mad in the rains,
Cruelly reminded of the evening past by,
When you two were returning from the wedding in the car
Enthralled coz she looked so beautiful by your side

Then followed  a weak moment and you lost control
And before you knew it, she was gone.

You too got hit so badly on your arm
But you were numb of pain by that time
And you wept as the wind wailed to the trees
The time stood still on a dime
You remained there by your beloved’s side
Her body – all flesh and blood was now a corpse
You denied to accept, you denied to let it be taken
for her final rites

I let everyone go and decided to take you along
To meet your wife for one last time
But now here you are questioning me for what went wrong
and the answer isn’t possible to come by
 
You remain stupefied and I tremble in fear
"No I can not loose you" I scream in pain
Then you look into my eyes
So fiery and red and you hug me tight
I know you seek strength and I try to give you all I have
And whisper in your ears looking at the pouring sky:

“I know life has been cruel
in its ugliest way
But we remain there, your family - to love you as always
Come and live and pray for her
so that wherever she is, she ought to peacefully stay”


So for one last time ………….with a sigh
Begging you to not quit I say,
“Brother give Life a chance– give it a try!”
.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. It gave my goose bumps as I read this dear...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooooooooo much for coming back here 'me' and
      I am glad that you liked it :)

      Delete